Andrews Construction is committed to the safety of its employees, its subcontractors and the general public. Safety is at the forefront of everything we do and the participation of all Andrews Construction employees is the key to our successful safety program. All our field foremen, equipment operators, shop personnel, and laborers have attended the 10 – hour OSHA training course and our truck drivers have attended both MSHA and OSHA training. Our foremen hold weekly on-site safety meetings for their crews, meet monthly with Management and job sites also receive weekly visits from our safety coordinator.
Our outstanding safety record has enabled us to join an elite group of contractors as part of a trust that self-insures their Workers Compensation coverage. This is a testament to the effectiveness of our safety program and our confidence in our employees’ commitment to working safely.
National ABC Safety Training & Evaluation Process (STEP)
- Gold Level – 2018, 2016, 2014, 2010, 2009, 2005, 2004
- Silver Level – 2017, 2015, 2013, 2012, 2011
ABC NH/VT Chapter Safety Awards (SIC 16)
- 1st Place Under 100,000 Man Hours – 2017, 2015, 2014, 2008, 2005
- 2nd Place Under 100,000 Man Hours – 2018, 2016, 2011, 2009
- 3rd Place Under 100,000 Man Hours – 2013, 2012, 2007, 2006
- Zero Loss Time Under 100,000 Man Hours – 2015, 2010, 2005
ABC Workers’ Compensation Self Insurance Group Trust Awards
- Loss Ratio Under 10% for 2017, 2016, 2014, 2011 Fund Years
- Loss Ratio Under 10% for 2007 Fund Year
- Best 11-Point Program in 2007
- Initiative Beyond the 11-Point Program in 2002